Mile Mark: 11.10
Date Built: ca. 1915
Published Photos: EBT 215, AEBT 72
This is the only standpipe still operating in the yard. It is supplied from a reservoir atop the hill behind the Coal Bunker. That reservoir is filled by a pump residing on the Car Shop.
It is still used to fill EBT tenders, complete with a hardware cloth screen to catch the debris that comes with the water. During the Fall Spectacular a fire hydrant near the Ash Pit is used to fill the tenders to avoid congestion around the standpipe.
Back to Coal Bunker
|Click on the image to see larger version||
Forward to Section House
|Up to Rockhill Yards|
|Up to Shirleysburg to Rockhill Furnace|
|Tour Entry||Tour Index||Tour Info|