Mile Mark: 6.36
Date Built: 1899
This is the site of the original 1873 bridge #3. The bridge was undamaged by the flood of 1889. The bridge was renumbered #2 by 1917.
The current deck steel plate girder bridge was built in 1899. Its single 33' span crosses Fort Run. It is similar in design to Robertsdale Wye Bridge and Runk Road Bridge. It is likely the oldest bridge on the line.
It is accessible by walking the line south a short distance from the Shirleysburg Cemetery just off 522.
Back to Shirleysburg Cemetery
|Click on the image to see larger version||
Forward to Shirleysburg Section House
|Up to Shirleysburg|
|Up to EBT: Mount Union to Shirleysburg|
|Tour Entry||Tour Index||Tour Info|