Mile Mark: 29.80
Date Built: 1914
Published Photos: EBT 61, 107, 209, 210; AEBT 73, 75, 78, 80
This station was built around 1914 to replace a frame station that sat between the Company Store and the tracks, where there is presently a street. It is constructed of cast stone with a frame roof and is similar in construction to the RI&C Offices, the RI&C Post Office and the Mount Union Enginehouse.It contained a Fairbanks railroad scale (one of four on the line) for weighing loaded hoppers departing the mines. The station served as a TV repair shop and a gas station before standing derelict for several years.
The station was leased by the Friends of the East Broad Top about 1984 from a party who purchased it from the railroad. They have been working on its restoration to operation era appearance. They operate a museum in the station, which is open weekends when the EBT is operating. Once their restoration of the RI&C Post Office is complete, the museum will be upgraded and moved into that building and the restoration of this building will be completed. The building is just southwest of the 994 crossing of the EBT in Robertsdale.
HAER info at the Library of Congess site>
Back to RI&C Company Offices
|Click on the image to see larger version||
Forward to RI&C Company Post Office
|Up to Robertsdale Yard|
|Up to EBT: Cooks to Alvan|
|Tour Entry||Tour Index||Tour Info|