Mile Mark: 29.60
Date Built: 1906
Published Photos: AEBT 30
This is the location of the original 1874 bridge #18. It was 60' and most likely wood. The bridge was washed downsteam by the 1889 flood. The bridge was renumbered to #13 by 1917.
The current through steel plate girder bridge was built in 1906. Its single 65' span crosses Trough Creek. It is similar in design to Prices and Three Springs bridges. This is the southmost bridge on the original EBT.
The bridge is intact and is easily accessible by walking the EBT line north out of Robertsdale for a few hundred yards.
Back to Martins Old Mill Bridge
|Click on the image to see larger version||
Forward to Robertsdale
|Up to EBT: Cooks to Alvan|
|Tour Entry||Tour Index||Tour Info|