Mile Mark: 10.50
Date Built: ca. 1980
This is likely the site of the original 1873 bridge #5. It is reported that at some point it was converted to a box culvert. The bridge was undamaged by the flood of 1889. The bridge was renumbered to #4 by 1917.
The current deck steel plate girder bridge was erected about 1980 out of reused girders to replace the box culvert. It sets on two concrete abutments that appear to enclose older stone abutments. It is the shortest bridge on the line.
The bridge is within 20 feet of 522 at the north end of Orbisonia. It is maintained and operated.
Back to McMullins Summit
|Click on the image to see larger version||
Forward to Orbisonia
|Up to Shirleysburg to Rockhill Furnace|
|Tour Entry||Tour Index||Tour Info|