Mile Mark: 0.70
Date Built: 1915
Published Photos: AEBT 91
This small structure was likely built in 1915 when the yard was realigned for the Coal Plant. Like the section houses along the main to the south, it was used for storage of track maintenance equipment.
Like other EBT section houses, this one was of simple frameless battenboard construction with a corrugated steel or shingled frame roof. It was augmented by 1936 with an EBT wood frame boxcar. Later the car received a peaked roof.
Neither the section house nor the boxcar still exist, both having rotted away. A determined search will reveal the wood components of the boxcar.
Back to Mount Union South Standard Gauge Yard
Forward to Mount Union Boney Dump
|Up to Mount Union Yards|
|Up to EBT: Mount Union to Shirleysburg|
|Tour Entry||Tour Index||Tour Info|