Mile Mark: 19.25
Date Built: 1876
This mine was a supplier of ore to the Rockhill Furance in the first year the furnace operate. It was found to have high grade hematite ore and mining commenced in 1874. One of the first branches on the railroad, the one to this mine came off the the tail of the Saltillo Wye. The branch to the mine was completed in 1976 and removed in 1877, indicating a shift to other sources of ore like those at Three Springs, Blacklog Narrows and the Hill Valley.
Back to Saltillo Wye
Forward to EBT: Saltillo to Cooks
|Up to Saltillo|
|Up to EBT: Rockhill Furnace to Saltillo|
|Tour Entry||Tour Index||Tour Info|