EBT heraldCoach House

Mile Mark: 11.10
Elevation: 630'
Date Built: ca. 1915

Early maps of the yard show a much longer structure northeast of this site labeled 'coach shop' which was likely the predecessor to this building.The familiar Coach Shop building replaced that one sometime between 1911 and 1917. It was reportedly used to store the Parlor car #20, though this would make it difficult to access with the long approach track used as storage. It was a pole-barn structure with corrugated steel sides.

The building was removed sometime after 1977.

Back
Back to Lumber Shed
Next
Forward to South Privey
Up to Rockhill Yards
Up to Shirleysburg to Rockhill Furnace
Tour EntryTour IndexTour Info