EBT heraldOld Bridges #15 and #16

Mile Mark: 27.30
Elevation: 1550'
Date: unknown

These two original 1874 bridges spanned Trough Creek and are believed to have been wood originally. #16 was partially washed out by the rains causing the Johnstown Flood of 1889. Both were removed sometime between 1895 and 1917 when a new, shorter channel was dug for the creek, bypassing both bridges. The old creek bed at #16 is visible as a depression just south of the power lines. At #15 a large washout from Hurricane Agnes in 1972 marks the bridge location.

Back
Back to Wrays Hill
Next
Forward to Cooks
Up to EBT: Saltillo to Cooks
Tour EntryTour IndexTour Info